Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nano? You ain't seen nothin' yet




A couple of weeks ago I was searching for some information about Dwarf Baby Tears (Hemianthus Callitrichoides) and found myself cruising around Aquahobby.com when I stumbled upon some of the loveliest little setups I have ever seen. They were created by Rony Suzuki and Fabio Yoshida and can be found here: http://www.aquahobby.com/tanks/e_tank0603.php. I was astounded by how gorgeous they were, and what unbelievable sizes, as well.


It's actually very simple to create a "palmtop aquarium," as they're named in the article. Most small glass containers will do for the tank(that seems like an odd word to use for such tiny aquariums). A little Laterite or Eco-Complete for the substrate, one or two small plants, or even a small carpet of Dwarf Baby Tears, Riccia or a moss, some water and you are done. You may even get away with adding a shrimp of some kind for the slightly larger palmtop or a snail for the small ones.


If there is anyone out there trying this, I'd love to see what you've done so far.

No comments: